About the Masters Program
The Alyeska Ski Club Masters Program consists of alpine skiers eighteen years or older who are seeking skiing and training opportunities to become better technical skiers in a fun, learning environment. The Masters program is open to all abilities and is designed to increase your technical skills through guided free skiing, drills, and gate training (and optional competitions). Most important, is that you are joining a group of people who really like to ski and have fun!
Members, through their membership fee, are entitled to full use of the Alyeska Ski Club Race Training Center, located at the base of Ted’s Express. The Race Training Center gives members a place to change into their ski gear, store day bags, eat lunch and even wax your skis.
The training season usually begins in mid-December and continues through the beginning of April. There are twelve or more weekend training days and eight races scheduled throughout the year, which consist of four slaloms and four giant slaloms. Additional mid-week gate training is also offered during the season this year.
The social aspect of the Masters is what truly makes our program fun. We meet each weekend as a group, who are excited about skiing and improving our skills. After a great day of skiing or racing we meet at a variety of social events, post race parties and potlucks, sponsored by the ODOM Corporation, which are covered by your program fees. All members and their families are invited to attend. At the end of the ski season there is a Year End Awards Banquet with Overall Awards and video (also included in your membership).
Masters Weekend Program
- Masters 18 – 80 years old
- Saturday – Sunday | Alyeska Resort
- Program Fee – $350
- Recommendation – Recommended for athletes who are seeking skiing and training opportunities to become better technical skiers in a fun, learning environment. The Masters program is designed to increase your technical skills through skiing, and gate training. Fun competitions and social events throughout the season, round things out. The Masters program offers skiing for all abilities plus the benefits of a social membership.
- Additional Opportunities – Masters Midweek
Masters Midweek Program
- Open to Masters of all abilities
- Dates & Schedule | TBD
- Program Fee | $400
- Recommendation – Recommended for Masters skiers who want an opportunity to train gates midweek and experience the benefits of coaching by the Juniors staff. It consists of nine 90-minute, private training sessions with a Masters peer group. Designated Slalom and Giant Slalom training days will be calendared and will coincide with the Masters’ race schedule.
Masters Race Series
Open to Masters of all abilities
8 races (4 GS and 4 SL) | See race schedule
Race Series Cost– $150 BEFORE the FIRST RACE or $200 AFTER the FIRST RACE.
Individual Race Day Entry Fee – $25
NOTE – By registering for the series, there is no need to check in each morning to collect your bib or pay your fee. Just show up and race!
Masters Race Bib Purchase
Bib Cost – $25 (Keep your Bib for season and as a memento)