The ASC Executive Committee consists of six voting members, including the President, Past President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and one at large member with legal expertise. All actions taken by the Executive Committee must be ratified by the Board of Directors at its next meeting where a quorum is present.
- Paul Lantz, President
- Nancy Kragt, Vice President
- Keith Hand, Treasurer
- Guy Wade, Secretary
The Development Committee plans and develops the financial resources that support the organization’s mission and objectives. Donations to ASC help support all five programs – Masters, Freeskiing, Juniors, Devos, and Mighty Mites – from capital improvement needs such as on hill equipment to the operating budget of the Race Training Center to the purchase of coaches passes.
The Development Committee volunteer will help identify, solicit and steward corporate sponsors and ensure the deliverables of each benefit package are met. At large committee members will help with ASC Title Sponsorship opportunities as well as a menu of benefits that can be tailored into an individual package. Program Coordinators on the Development Committee will work on sponsorships opportunities particular to their program. All Development Committee members will brainstorm and execute other fundraising events and opportunities as approved by the committee.
The Development Committee reports once a month to the ASC Board of Directors and follows all guidelines as specified in ASC’s Bylaws for the structure of committees. Paid staff are non-voting members.
- Jessica Guess, Chair and Director of Development
- Kaleen Haines, Executive Director
- Denise Brown Robinson, Freeride Member
- Megan Olson, Juniors Member
- Ann Hutcheson, Mighty Mite Member
- Heather Cavanaugh, Alpine X Member
The Finance Committee is responsible for executing the financial structure identified in the July 2015 Transition Framework. The Finance Committee is responsible for monitoring ASC’s overall financial health as an organization and identifying areas of risk and opportunity for the club financially. The Finance Committee volunteer will help identify and analyze areas of efficiency across all program budgets; provide monthly oversight of revenue and expenditures; and develop and provide oversight for financial and asset management through standard financial business policies and practices. The Finance Committee reports once a month to the ASC Board of Directors on budget revenue/expenses as measured against projections and follows all guidelines as specified in ASC’s Bylaws for the structure of committees. Paid staff are non-voting members.
- Keith Hand, Chair and Juniors Representative
- Kaleen Haines, Executive Director
- Tim Gallagher, Masters Representative
- Amber Momblow, Finance Manager
- Mark Melchert, Freeride Representative
- Suzie McBride, Mighty Mites Representative
- Lara Hildreth, At large member
The Alpine Committee works directly with the Alpine Director to develop plans, strategies and policies which advance the club’s programs; assist ASC in improving the quality and effectiveness of its programs; advance operations of Alpine sports; and support club-wide events. The committee reports through the Alpine Director to the ASC Board of Directors and follows all guidelines as specified in ASC’s Bylaws for the structure of committees. The Committee is scheduled to meet Fall, Mid-Winter, and Spring; additional meetings on specific issues can be called by the Alpine Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute the sport expertise that advances the mission of the Alyeska Ski Club.
- Evaluate programs and assess program offerings annually.
- Assess program fees, program capacities and funding allocation for programs.
Specific roles represented on the Alpine Committee
- Alpine Committee Chair, Alex Wilson
- ASC Executive Director, Kaleen Haines
- Mighty Mites Program Representative, Gordon Descutner
- Master Program Representatives, Rob Swanson & Martin Stewart
- DEVOS Program Representatives, Terri Adkins & Nick Leonard
- Freeride Program Representatives, Drew Petrie
- Alpine X Program Representative, Morgan Haymans
- USSS AK Division Representative and at large member, Lara Hildreth
- Alyeska Resort Operations, Duane Stutzman
- At large Representatives – As Needed for Specific Issues
The Athlete Ski Council is composed of thirteen (13) representatives from all youth programs at ASC. Members represent various age groups and are seen as leaders amongst their peer groups. This group attends monthly meetings designed to gather athlete feedback and guidance for the future of the Club. Additionally, Council participants serve as volunteers at special events and are representatives for ASC in community engagements. This group will discusses a variety of topics ranging from quality programming, community building within ASC, and branding and marketing efforts.
2023 Council Members
- Executive Director, Kaleen Haines
- Development Director, Jessica Guess
- Alpine Director, Alex Wilson
- Freeride Program Representative, Paul Melchert
- Freeride Program Representatives, Payton Ostrinski
- Freeride Program Representatives, Caroline Buddenberg
- Freeride Program Representatives, Nathan Reitmeier
- Alpine X Program Representative, Reuben Jeffers
- Alpine X Program Representative, Alex Criqui
- Alpine X Program Representative, Henry Lemelson
- Juniors Program Representative, Liza Alderson
- Juniors Program Representative, Tad Guse
- Juniors Program Representative, Mia Huey
- Juniors Program Representative, Jaxon Murphy
- Mighty Mites Program Representative, Alma Kinney
- Devos Program Representative, TBD