Fall Camp Announcement + Letter
First of all, thank you for your patience related to fall camp news. We have been working behind the scenes to get this set up and I am happy to announce that we do have a plan for our November camp(s). Because of the current COVID-19 situation, Canada will not be an option. Therefore, we have been confirming lane space with Loveland and Copper, Colorado and Big Sky, Montana.
We are taking advantage of the current blended curriculum and more flexible school schedule and have decided to take the opportunity to use most of the month of November for our athletes to get them on snow as much as possible. Please take a look at the schedule at the bottom of this email. U16 and U19s are invited to both Colorado and Montana camps and U14s will be invited to the Montana camp. To make this work in combination with school commitments, athletes will have extensive supervised study halls during the day for them to complete their work.
We also do understand that not all athletes can attend the entirety of the camp(s), therefore we are flexible with athletes participating either just the Colorado portion or the Big Sky portion.
This camp will be under our normal camp format and athletes will be traveling with the team. Lodging in Colorado will be in condos, while in Big Sky in a hotel format with two athletes per room. We will be following US Ski and Snowboard’s COVID-19 Alpine Domestic Competitions Guidance requirements for travel with the team. As an organization we have been doing a good job of adapting and adjusting to new health protocols and our changing environment. The entire coaching staff is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, families and especially our athletes. We will be respecting protocols not only for our organization but for the facilities we will be using.
If families are uncomfortable with this customary camp format, we encourage traveling with your athlete and arranging for your own transportation to/from venue locations, lodging and meals. If you have any questions or concerns about our protocols and guidelines or how the CO or MT resorts are operating, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Camp registration cost and a detailed program will be sent at the beginning of October. Coaches flight details are included on this page, in case you want to make an initial booking to take advantage of lower flight costs.